Smart and sustainable mobility
We cover a lot of miles together This presents a number of challenges: traffic congestion, parking pressure, accidents, noise pollution and emissions of CO2, NOx and fine particles. With challenges also come great opportunities for smart, innovative and sustainable mobility.
What does Colruyt Group do for sustainable mobility?
We want to organise mobility efficiently, safely and with respect for people's health, the environment and the climate. This allows us to fulfil our social mission and guarantee accessibility in society together with others. The focus is on road safety and the reduction of hazardous emissions (CO2, NOx and fine particles).
As a retailer we have an impact on the mobility of
- our workers
- our customers
- our goods transport
Our approach is summarised as follows:
- Avoid: as few unnecessary trips as possible for our workers, customers and goods
- Shift: alternative, sustainable means of transport (modal shift)
- Clean: alternative, green fuels
- Health and safety: zero traffic victims
- Deepen: based on expertise and insights from objective data and information
- Connect: inspire and cooperate with other companies, partners, interest groups and the authorities
Our objectives and initiatives
- Employee mobility
- Goods transport
- Customer mobility
Alternative means of transport
By 2024, 40% of our co-workers will come to work by foot, by bicycle, by carpool or by public transport.
Initiatives about 'Employee mobility'
By 2035, all the freight transport carried out by and for Colruyt Group will be zero-emission across the entire value chain.
Initiatives about 'Goods transport'
We have not yet set any goals for ‘Customer mobility’.